The Palestine Solidarity Movement
Welcome to the official home page of the Palestine Solidarity Movement. Our organization stands in solidarity with all Palestinian people who want to build and grow things while living in peace with Israel and creating better lives for themselves and their children. Most significantly, we stand in solidarity with Palestinian people who are being persecuted or even killed because of who they are.
This Palestine Solidarity Movement is an open and decentralized network in which any person or organization can claim membership as long as it agrees and conforms to the following Five Points of Unity:
1. An end to all forms of terroristic violence as a means of achieving geopolitical goals
2. Equal protection under the law for all Palestinians living under Palestinian Authority rule
3. Right of all Palestinians to engage in industry, agriculture, and trade without fear of violence
4. Opposition to all forms of oppression (Racism, Sexism, Misogyny, Femicide, Honor Killing, and Dhimmitude)
5. Right of all Palestinian children to educations as opposed to indoctrination as terrorists and suicide bombers
- We stand in solidarity with Palestinian women who are subjected to misogyny, domestic violence, wife-battering, and even murder (so-called "honor killings") that are condoned and supported by the Palestinian Authority.
- http://www.merip.org/mer/mer206/ruggi.htm "Every year, hundreds of women and girls are murdered in the Middle East by male family members. The honor killing-the execution of a female family member for perceived misuse of her sexuality- is a thorny social and political issue. Palestinian activists campaigning for equality find it difficult to stop the killings altogether. Legitimacy for such murders stems from a complex code of honor ingrained in the consciousness of some sectors of Palestinian society."
- http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35663 "A Palestinian girl who was raped and impregnated by her two brothers was later murdered by her own mother even though her daughter was the crime's innocent victim in another of the disturbingly common, if vastly underreported, instances of "honor killings." The mother will be sentenced in two weeks, but a harsh penalty is not expected."
- More on this story here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2001793273_honorkilling17.html
"ABU QASH, West Bank Raped by her brothers and impregnated, Rofayda Qaoud refused to commit suicide, her mother recalls, even after she bought the 17-year-old a razor with which to slit her wrists.
So Amira Abu Hanhan Qaoud says she did what she believes any good Palestinian parent would: restored her family's "honor" through murder."
- We stand in solidarity with Palestinian Christians who are to be subjected to a humiliating "dhimmi tax" by Hamas.
- http://www.chiesa.espressonline.it/dettaglio.jsp?id=44202&eng=y "The general plan of Hamas also includes the imposition of a special tax, called al-jeziya, upon all of the non-Muslim residents in the Palestinian territories. This tax revives the one applied through all of Islamic history to the dhimmi, the second-class Jewish and Christian citizens. In an interview with Karby Legget, published in the December 23-26 edition of The Wall Street Journal, Masalmeh, the leader of the Hamas contingent at the municipal council of Bethlehem, confirmed: We in Hamas intend to implement this tax someday. We say it openly we welcome everyone to Palestine but only if they agree to live under our rules."
- We stand in solidarity with Palestinian gay people who are arrested, beaten, assaulted, thrown into raw sewage, and even killed because of their sexual orientation.
- Gay Man Criticizes Palestinian Society
By Alex Tehranian Special to The Hoya
Friday, October 22, 2004; Page A1 http://www.thehoya.com/news/102204/news6.cfm
"A Palestinian man described the challenges of living as a homosexual in what he deemed an oppressive society last Tuesday in New South.
He said he was unwilling to reveal his last name or hometown for fear of being discovered by the Palestinian Authority."
- Palestinian Gays Seek Safety in Israel
"For these gay men, life in the seedy parts of central Israel is far better than the virtual death sentences they fled in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Torture by Palestinian Authority security services or vigilante attacks by relatives is a fate suffered by countless gays in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, where sodomy carries a jail term of three to 10 years. ...Islam prescribes capital punishment for homosexual activity."
- We stand in solidarity with Palestinian Muslims who want nothing more to live in peace while leaving their neighbors in peace.
We stand in solidarity with the Palestinian who is hanging upside-down from the scaffold.
We stand in solidarity with this Middle Eastern woman who is to be stoned to death for a "crime" like adultery (which includes being a rape victim)
We now have our own blog!
Oh yes-- you may have heard about another "Palestine Solidarity Movement." In order to decentralize their organization to avoid decisive political attacks on a single element, that so-called Palestine Solidarity Movement decided to avoid having a corporate identity or trademark and, to the best of our knowledge, is not entitled to the exclusive use of the name "Palestine Solidarity Movement." We have just as much right to use it as they do. In fact, we have more right to use it because we really do stand in solidarity with decent and peace-loving Palestinians as opposed to the terrorists who are oppressing and terrorizing Palestinian people along with innocent Israelis.